Coming from a makeup artist and photographer…here ya go:
1. When applying blush or bronzer, use matte colors! – Shimmery makeup looks great when applied but it reflects light. To reduce blown out colors and faces always use matte makeup!
2. Fill in your brows – Even if you don’t fill in your brows on a daily basis, fill them in for your pictures. Your eyes and face will look so much more complete if your brows are looking polished. Especially if you have blonde eyebrows, they get lost in photographs.
TIP: For a subtle, easy, eyebrow filler use an eye shadow that’s close to your hair color with a very light hand. Blend it out by brushing your eyebrow with a clean mascara brush.
3. Makeup will photograph 2 shades lighter – Makeup doesn’t translate as vibrant in photographs. I recommend doing your lip, blush, and eye color a little more vibrant than you normally would.
4. Use powder – I believe all makeup should be set with powder anyways but especially if you are getting your picture taken. I recommend even taking some powder with you (or oil blotting sheets), especially if it’s a warm day.
5. Wear false lashes – Trust me, It makes a world of difference when applied correctly!
6. Apply your makeup in natural light – I also believe you should always do this as well, pictures or not. Sit by a window when applying makeup. This will give you the best idea of what your makeup really looks like, and how it will look in the pictures.
7. Wax – Makeup does not mix well with peach fuzz. Whatever you normally wax on your face, wax it before your pictures. 48 hours before your pictures gives any redness and swelling enough time to go away.
8. Wear lip products- Lip gloss, lip stick, at least tinted chapstick!! I have bigger lips and I used to think wearing color on them made them look to big, but that is not true!! It is now a must for me and it should be for you to!
9. Wear black mascara – Some people think black is too harsh for their skin tone, but this isn’t true. If you think it makes your makeup look to heavy, try reducing the darkness of eyeshadow or eyeliner.
**All pictures are of me and taken by me.. 🙂
Make sure you follow so you never miss out!!
My Fall Favorites (makeup, clothes, beauty products, etc)
Thank you for reading!! 🙂