I have been M.I.A for the last two weeks. Taking time to relax and spend time with my husband and the people that matter most is so important! It is something I will be focusing on in the new year! 🙂 With that said I wanted to write out a few things that I do within my marriage that keeps me connected.
- Write him a letter or card. Every time I go to the store alone or with a friend I will pick up a card and/or snack for my husband. I think it is important to remind him how proud and appreciative I am of all the things he does for me. Men like to know they are needed and doing a good job at any aspect of life.
- Make his favorite food. My husband is a mans man. The way to his heart is through his stomach! I cook 6 out of 7 nights of the week and although he claims to love all my food I like to save his favorites for special occasions or when he needs a pick me up.
- Let him choose the movie. Maybe I have a guilty pleasure when it comes to action/superhero movies but I let him choose the movie A LOT of the times… 😉
- Do his chores. As a photographer and makeup artist I get to spend much of my time at home. David and I have separate chores but he is the one that wakes up and goes to work EVERYDAY! I know it is a huge relief when I do his jobs around the house. This actual tip is something I could honestly work harder on. 🙂
- Take control and make the plans. I said let him choose the movie but that is easier for me because I am more passive and indecisive. Mixing it up time to time is always a must!
- Do your hair and makeup the way he likes. I wear what makes me feel beautiful BUT every once in a while I’ll do what David specifically likes. Unfortunately it is complete opposite of my normal look. He will always say he finds me attractive but I know what his favorites are. 😉
- Ask if he needs anything. My husband likes to game so while he is gaming I will ask if he needs a drink, snack, anything. The small gesture goes a long way.
- Let him have alone time. ALONG with bro time. Just like girls, guys need alone time and time with their friends. I know if I don’t get both of those every once in a while I will feel depressed.
- Believe what he says. TRUST! My husband is forever telling me to trust him. Which I do but actions speak louder than words. Life is up and down, trusting my husband and more importantly trusting God reduces my stress and anxiety.
- Pray for him! Pray for him! Pray for him! Putting God at the head of your marriage or relationship only brings you closer.
You can do SO many other things to improve your marriage. These are merely suggestions, not something you have to do! This is what works for my marriage and hopefully a few of these could work for you as well.
If you have any suggestions on something I should write about, leave it in the comments below.
PLEASE become a VIP and “Subscribe’ at the top of the page! (VIP tab will be at the bottom of the page if viewing on your cellphone)
Thank you for reading! 🙂
**These are flashback photos to my engagement session with the one and only ©Katie Currid.