With the warmer weather of spring, I have been getting super excited for summer! These feelings heavily influence my makeup looks! 🙂 Which is why I created this one. A hot teal eye, lined with a pop of white. Paired with a bright, coral lip!! 🙂
Two of my favorite summer essentials; Teal eyeshadow and Coral lipstick!
I put together a few of my favorite palettes that have hot teals!!
The first one is e.l.f. Disney Elsa Snow and Ice Glow Eyeshadow ($6.99)! It is a limited edition but still for sale on Walgreens.com! I will post the link below. I used the teal in the palette as the base. Applying it all over my lash line.
The second one is the Coastal Scents 88 Original Palette ($14.95). The teal I used from this palette is between the pea green and sky blue. It is very pigmented and applied it directly on top of the first layer.
88 Original Palette
The last teal I used and would recommend is from the Lorac Mega Pro Palette. I used the color “Deep Teal” to define only the outside corner of my lash line. This palette was limited edition and is now sold out, but you could use a darker color from the 88 Original Palette to create the same effect.
The only coral lipstick I currently own is from Palladio Beauty! I’m not really sure why this is the only one I have, but hopefully I will be purchasing more soon! The one I have is Palladio Herbal Lipstick in the color “Coral Punch” ($6.00). You can get it at Sally’s Beauty Supply store or on Palladios website.
Now, since this look is associated with the warmer weather I put together a few things you can do to beat the heat, while still feeling flawless.
1. Wear appropriate clothing. Cotton clothing is the most popular material for warm weather attire. It is very breathable and absorbent.
2. Carry blotting sheets or kleenexes. This can help keep your makeup looking fresh all day, without removing or adding more product to your face.
3. Use an oil control serum before makeup. One way I keep my face fresh throughout the day is applying my Beyond Belief ABH Facial Serum ($9.99) before my primer. It helps minimizes my pores and balance out my skin. I always apply moisturizer at night, but in the morning I will skip it and just apply this if I am about to put on my face and know I am going to be out and about. (I have combination/oily skin. This tip would not work for someone with dry skin, this may cause clinging of makeup and flaking of the skin)
4. An obvious tip, use the correct primer! For me, a mattifying primer is key for warm weather. My favorite one right now is Make Up For Ever Step 1 Skin Equalizer “1 Mattifying Primer” ($36.00)
5. Use powder products. The warmer weather can cause makeup to slide. By using powder over cream products, you can reduce the chance of that happening. Cream products are more hydrating and are usually best for dry skin types. My favorite powder bronzer is Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer ($30.00). It smells so good and is very blendable!
6. Set your completed makeup with a powder and finishing spray! To help keep your makeup in place throughout the day, use a product to “set” everything. I use a lot of different powders but two of my favorite finishing sprays are Urband Decay All Nighter ($30.00) and L’Oreal Infallible® Pro-Spray & Set Makeup Extender Setting Spray ($16.99). The Urband Decay one is my all time favorite, I actually only bought the L’Oreal one because I ran out and didn’t have time to go to the city. Suprisingly enough, the drugstore option was a great alternative for the price. You can get the UD one at Sephora, Ulta, or UD’s website. The L’Oreal one is sold at Walgreens, Walmart, CVS, etc.
7. Lastly, drink LOTS of water! I struggle with this, but the difference in my skin and how my body feels on a hot day with and without water is crazy! Just do it. I promise you won’t regret it! 😀
If you have any suggestions on something I should write about, leave it in the comments below.
PLEASE become a VIP and “Subscribe’ at the top of the page! (VIP tab will be at the bottom of the page if viewing on your cell phone)
Thank you for reading! 🙂