Who doesn’t love family traditions? Pretty much every major holiday my mom makes an amazing lunch or dinner. Among this feast is ALWAYS her famous Green Rice Casserole. For as long as I can remember, it has been a staple in our family. This past Thanksgiving we had it…and we will have it again on Christmas Eve. I thought I would share the recipe so that you all could enjoy it also!!
WARNING: This recipe contains green vegetables but, children will still eat it 😉
Prep time: approximately 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
- 3 cups of cooked rice
- 1 big bag of broccoli (16oz+)
- 2 eggs
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 bags of shredded cheese (mozzarella, velveeta, and sharp cheddar)
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup of onion flakes (your choice)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook 3 cups of ready white rice
- Cook/steam bag of broccoli
- While broccoli is finishing: mix the rice, eggs, cream of mushroom soup, vegetable oil, milk, and all bags of cheese together.
- Once the broccoli is finished, stir it in.
- Then stir in your desired amount of onion flakes.
- When done, pour the mixture into a 10×12 size tin, cover with foil, and place it in the oven.
- Let it cook for an hour. After an hour, remove the foil and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Once done, pull it out and serve! Super simple and super delicious!
What are some of your family traditions/recipes!? I love trying new things, so don’t hesitate to leave me a comment below!! 😀
Don’t miss anything exciting coming up…PLEASE become a VIP and “Subscribe” at the top of the page! (VIP tab will be at the bottom of the page if viewing on your cell phone)