Happy Friday y’all! Since summer is right around the corner I thought it would be the perfect time to share one of my favorite summer desserts. Which is often called “Dumpcake” 😉 This recipe is so easy and only requires FOUR..you read that right, four ingredients.
Prep Time: approximately 10 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 can of crushed pineapple
- 1 can of cherry pie filling
- 1 box of white cake mix
You can change out the cans of fruit with whatever ones you like, I just prefer pineapple and cherry.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Then take your can of crushed pineapple and fill the bottom of a nonstick cake pan.
- After the pineapple is spread out accordingly, take your can of cherries and layer it on top of the pineapple.
- Once that is done, open your cake mix and start sprinkling it over the fruit. You want it to cover the whole thing but, it is easier to do one section at a time.
- Use your whole box of mix to cover the fruit. Make sure no pineapple or cherries are showing through the mix.
- Lastly, cut small slices of the butter and lay them on top of the cake mix.
- Then stick it in your oven and let cook for one hour.
This yummy dessert can be enjoyed straight out of the over or cold. 😀
What is your favorite summer dessert? Let me know in the comments down below!
Don’t miss anything exciting coming up…PLEASE become a VIP and “Subscribe” at the top of the page! (VIP tab will be at the bottom of the page if viewing on your cell phone)
Thank you for reading!